Hospitalist Jobs in Pennsylvania
Saturday · August 13, 2022
1 Job in The Keystone State
Photo: The Ben Franklin Bridge across the Delaware River connecting to Pennsylvania.
This hospitalist job was previously available. It is displayed here for reference.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Washington) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- Full range of medical and surgical care.
- Why Cogent HMG?
- Orientation and training of new physicians.
- Together, with the Program Medical Director, they are responsible for the performance of the program and its specific goals.
- Philadelphia, PA.
- Opportunities for Advancement.
- 1 hour's drive from numerous state parks, ski resorts, bike trails, horseback riding, kayaking, white-water rafting and fishing, all in the pristine settings of mountains and rivers.
- License (or eligible) to practice in the State of Pennsylvania or willingness to obtain a Pennsylvania license.
- Travel to and attendance at required Cogent events and meetings.
- Hospital committee involvement, as appropriate.
- Abim or Aobim certification in Internal Medicine or Abfp certification in Family Medicine.
- Collegiate and professional sports, live theatre, cultural arts.
- Relationship management with key clinical and administrative stakeholders at the hospital.
- Demonstrated previous leadership and management skills.
- Improve healthcare for hospitals, patients and you.
- Medical staff includes more than 350 primary care and specialty physicians.
- Champion for and support of all existing standardized Cogent processes, tools, services.
- Experience in Hospital Medicine is a plus.
- Skill in physician recruitment and retention practices.
- Voluntary, not-for-profit community hospital serving Washington and its surrounding communities.
- You belong with us!
- Low cost of living and attractive housing.
- 265 beds, 16-bassinet nursery, 8-bed residential hospice.
- Excellent public and private schools.
- Bonus Opportunity.
- Located within 300 miles of Washington, D.C.
- Niagara Falls, and Cleveland, OH.
- Work in partnership with the Program Medical Director to support all practice management goals and standards for the program and program growth.
- Leadership Development and Training through Cogent Academy, our National Mentoring Program instructed by our widely recognized industry leaders.
- Lead a 10 physician program.
- Average patient census 16-18.
- The Associate Program Medical Director position is critical to the success of our Hospitalist program, and functions as one the clinical leaders of the program sharing overall program leadership with the Cogent team.
- Facilitate 2-way dialogue with staff hospitalists to promote physician involvement in program planning, policy development and other activities.
- Procedures not required.
- Electronic Medical Records.
- Family Medicine Program for both MD's and DO's, founded in 1971 and graduates 8 physicians per year.
- Intensivist support available.
- Serve in a partnership role to define and manage service agreements and scope of practice.
- Excellent sub-specialty support.
- MD or DO degree.
- Performance Management of Cogent Team Hospitalists.
- Serve in a partnership role with the Cogent Program Medical Director and Cogent Director of Operations in all areas of program management including (but not limited to) marketing, staffing, HR issues, budget, clinical performance, strategic planning, services provided, and recruitment.
- College town of 13,000+, located less than 30 minutes from Pittsburgh.
- Major employer & educational institution in Washington County.
- Cogent HMG is the nation's largest private hospitalist and intensivist company, and is focused on relentlessly improving efficiency and quality of inpatient care, by supporting our physicians with technology and operational infrastructure, a coordinated clinical care team, data-driven processes, rigorous ongoing training and experienced leadership.
- Stipend Available.
- Closed ICU.
- 401k with Company Match.
- Understanding of techniques in financial decision making.
- Serve in a partnership role with the Program Medical Director to define and manage work allocation and work flow policies and processes.
- Medical Malpractice and Tail Coverage.
- Columbus, OH.
- Great Leadership Opportunity - Associate Program Medical Director in western PA!
- Champion for change management and implementation of required expectations within the program.
- CME and Relocation Allowance.
- Competitive Compensation.
This perm job from Sound Physicians was last open on Nov 5.
The position was first advertised on HospitalistWorking.com in the job section for Hospitalist permanent positions