Hospitalist Jobs in Pennsylvania
Tuesday · March 26, 2019
1 Job in The Keystone State
Photo: The Ben Franklin Bridge across the Delaware River connecting to Pennsylvania.
The annual salary for this job depends on experience.
This permanent hospitalist job (Hershey Area) is from a hospital-owned practice.
- We have a Level-III Nicu with 24/7 neonatologist in-house.
- As the capital of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, it attracts thousands of people to live work and play.
- Candidates will be expected to have and maintain up to date NRP and Pals.
- Leadership training and advancement opportunities.
- Opportunities to participate in clinical quality improvement initiatives and clinical research.
- Due to the growth of our practice, we are seeking a BC/BE full-time pediatrician interested in management of inpatient pediatric admissions, emergency consultations, as well as rotating shifts and responsibilities at our busy newborn nursery.
- As if that weren't enough, big-city weekend getaways are also there for the taking -- New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C. are a few hours away by car.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- Health (various options), life, vision, dental and disability insurance.
- Stability in an organization with nearly 35 years of experience providing pediatric sub-specialty services.
- We invite you to grow with us and help shape the future of health care.
- Harrisburg is a town with a rich history that spans more than 200 years.
- Excellent Opportunity For A Pediatric Hospitalist Interested in Teaching.
- Candidate should be interested in teaching pediatric residents, family medicine residents, medical students and physician assistant students who rotate through our pediatric inpatient and newborn nursery units.
- The newborn nursery has an average census of about 3,500 a year.
- 401(k) with annual matching program.
- Physicians work 12 hour shifts.
- Pediatric Hospitalists are in-house 24/7.
- About Mednax.
- The inpatient pediatrics floor has high turnovers, with an average mid-night census of 5 patients per day and the daytime census varies from 5 to 12 patients per day.
- Support from the Pediatrix Center for Research, Education and Quality.
- The ideal candidate should be willing to manage common pediatrics inpatient admissions as well as patients with diabetes ketoacidosis, bronchiolitis patients that requires high flow nasal cannula (Hfnc) and asthmatic patients that require continuous albuterol.
- The Sweetest Place on Earth is a thriving resort town of approximately 20,000 and provides residents and visitors with the employment, cultural, and recreational opportunities that is attractive to people of all ages and walks of life.
- Mednax is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- While you can choose to live in Harrisburg, Hershey, PA is less than 30 minutes away.
- Our clinicians enjoy a competitive compensation package with many locations offering sign on bonuses, relocation and tuition reimbursement.
- Affiliation with Upmc Pinnacle Health Harrisburg Hospital neonatologists who are available to assist with procedures and emergencies.
- Successful candidate interested in improving their skills in neonatal medicine and delivery will be given the opportunity to work closely with our seasoned neonatologist.
- Diverse clinical environment with opportunities to establish and develop protocols.
- As part of our national medical group, we give you the tools you need to build the career you want, and the flexibility to adapt as your personal needs and professional interests change.
- With a 35+ year record of success, Mednax has grown from a single medical practice to a trusted health solutions partner.
- Support and payment for mandatory license/s and hospital credentialing.
- In fact, the area was ranked number 45 on United States News and World Report's list for Best Places to Live in 2018.
- Located along the shores of the Susquehanna River, Harrisburg has grown from a modest ferry outpost to a picturesque capital city.
- Professional liability insurance.
- It's no wonder Hershey has an overall niche grade of A on niche.
- Advanced and continuing medical education.
- These benefits are for full time employees, employees in other types of employment classifications may be eligible for some of these benefits.
- Employee stock purchase plan at a 15% discount.
- Hershey is a suburban community in a metropolitan area of 400,est growing regions in the state.
This perm job opening was posted
3 weeks ago
by Job Target.